This 2-hour course is aimed at those working in the private, public, social purpose, voluntary and community sectors and is relevant to all staff including volunteers, practitioners, staff and managers.
The overall aim of the course is to educate individuals in organisations giving them a better, in-depth understanding of various forms of racism, as well as racial bias and the issues affecting the black community in the context of the current climate and black history. The course has a focus on the topics of anti-racism and white privilege and looks to assist organisations in making practical and structural changes that contributes to a positive impact in the fight against racism and racial inequality.
- Scene Setting – Global, national and locally relevant.
- Anti-Racism – What does this mean?
- Privileges and Responsibilities. This includes: exploring White Privilege.
- Racial Bias – A focus on Race and racism ‘challenging the isms’
- Having difficult conversations about Race – This includes Definitions, terms and language.
- Micro-Racism: Micro-inequities and aggressions/behaviours.
- Self-agency and becoming a ‘Change Agent’ This includes advice, guidance and tools in relation to identifying racial discrimination, harassment and bias.
Meet the Team (via flipgrid) includes short videos from the trainers https://flipgrid.com/+raceconsultants
How to book: