The gender awareness course is aimed at leaders and managers, across the corporate, public and social purpose sectors, and includes analysis of gender, an overview of equalities legislation, roles and responsibilities.
- To investigate the impact of sex and gender on practice, outcomes and productivity
- To explore good practice for working within a context of equality, diversity and inclusion
- To address value issues in working within equality, diversity and inclusion.
- To identify and discuss unconscious bias and its impact: in recruitment, employment, management, retention of staff and customer facing.
- To share the importance of good practice across diverse communities.
- To increase knowledge about equality, diversity and inclusion.
- To increase knowledge about equalities legislation.
- What is meant by sex and gender?
- Why is gender bias a problem?
- Who is gender bias against?
- Managing gender bias; the role of leaders and managers.
- Case studies and scenarios.
- Overview of equalities legislation, roles and responsibilities.
- Intersectionality, the overlap of gender bias with other forms of discrimination, examples and how equalities legislation applies.
How to book:
0844 800 4425 | firstname.lastname@example.org | www.diversitytrust.org.uk