This course is aimed at those working in the public, social purpose, voluntary and community sectors and is relevant to both practitioners and managers.
To help organisations improve the services they deliver to Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender (LGBT+) people. To explore good practice for working within a context of equality, diversity and inclusion.
The course includes:
- An overview of key legislation relevant to sexual orientation and gender identity
- Research on the experiences of the LGBT+ community and barriers faced in accessing services
- Best practice guidelines to help your organisation improve service delivery to LGBT+ people
- Practical ideas on other issues including how to support LGBT+ staff, and when and how to monitor sexual orientation and gender identity
- A greater understanding of the barriers LGBT+ people experience in accessing services and support
- Increased awareness of best practice, and available tools, for reaching and engaging LGBT+ people and communities
- They know more about the sources of specialist support available for LGBT+ people
- They feel confident to share their knowledge, best practice and ways to engage with LGBT+ people
How to book:
0844 800 4425 | firstname.lastname@example.org | www.diversitytrust.org.uk | PO Box 5189, Somerset BA6 0BN