This online workshop is suitable for anyone working in the private and corporate, public or non-profit sectors. The workshop explores the history of the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Trans (LGBT+) community in the UK, as well as exploring language, terminology, definitions and the experiences of discrimination.
The course includes:
- Key legislation relevant to sexual orientation and gender identity
- Timeline of LGBT+ rights in the UK
- Law reform including the current legal framework
- The social climate for LGBT+ people
- Impact of hate crime and discrimination
- How to build LGBT+ inclusive organisations
- A greater understanding of LGBT+ people’s experience in accessing services and support
- Increased awareness of best practice, and available tools, for reaching and engaging LGBT+ people and communities
- Know more about the sources of specialist support available for LGBT+ people
- Feel confident to share knowledge, best practice and ways to engage with LGBT+ people
The Diversity Trust programmes are delivered by people with lived experience of the subjects.
The online workshop is available over 2-3 hour options, a 90-minute facilitator led webinar is also available.
We also offer a specific Trans Awareness programme delivered by trans and non binary trainers with lived experience. Find out more please visit this page https://www.diversitytrust.org.uk/transgender-awareness-training/
How to book: