An introductory-level awareness-raising course for non-specialist workers. To understand how Domestic Violence and Abuse affects individuals and communities and how to respond effectively.
- Describe the meaning and scope of Domestic Violence and Abuse and the role of gender socialisation.
- Understand the impact of Domestic Violence and Abuse on adults and children.
- Understand what prevents victims / survivors leaving abusive relationships.
- Identify barriers to reporting and address agencies’ difficulties in responding.
- Identify some risk factors and the importance of working within good practice guidelines to support disclosure.
- Meaning and scope of Domestic Violence and Abuse and the role of gender socialisation
- Characteristics and definitions of Domestic Violence and Abuse.
- Gender socialisation and entitlement
- Understanding what prevents victims / survivors leaving abusive relationships
- Good practice guidelines
How to book: