The course will explore the key themes of equality, diversity and inclusion. It will include analysis of the key themes and what they mean in practice. It will include an overview of equalities legislation, explore the barriers faced by equalities communities and provide an opportunity to embed the course themes into practice.
- Create a safe learning environment to explore attitudes, beliefs and values.
- An open, reflective and objective space.
- Time for discussion and self-reflection.
- Cover key equalities legislation including: Equality Act 2010 and the Public Sector Equality Duty.
- Help to make equality, diversity and inclusion relevant to you and your role.
- Overview of equalities law, duties and responsibilities
- Definitions of terms including: direct and indirect discrimination, discrimination by association and perception, harassment and victimisation
- Language and stereotypes
- Introduction to cultural competence and unconscious bias
- Intersecting identities
- Removing barriers to equalities communities and putting equalities into practice
- Becoming an Equalities Champion
- Developing an Equality and Diversity Organisation Plan
How to Book: