This 1/2 day course is aimed at those working in the public, social purpose and voluntary and community sectors. The overall aim of the course is to help individuals in organisations begin to get an understanding of unconscious bias and a wider awareness of unconscious bias in daily activity/ behaviour. Through an innovative and engaging workshop we aim to identify solutions and processes that will combat bias and enable staff to be agents of change.
- Understand the theory and science to unconscious bias
- Explore the origins of bias, stereotypes and prejudice
- Developing a deeper understanding of our biases
- Explore how to challenge unconscious bias
- Gain an understanding of the practical steps to take towards better identifying bias
- Developing greater sense, self-awareness and mindfulness
- Be able to develop a personal development plan to minimise biases
- Be empowered to act as a change agent, driving inclusive behaviours and attitudes that promote positive workplace practices
- What is ‘unconscious bias’?
- Exploring the origins and manifestations of bias
- The impact of unconscious bias
- Identifying solutions and combating unconscious bias
- Commitment to change and actions
Who Should Attend?
It is relevant to all staff at all levels. “Unconscious bias refers to a bias that we are unaware of, and which happens outside of our control. It is a bias that happens automatically and is triggered by our brain making quick judgements and assessments of people and situations, influenced by our background, cultural environment and personal experiences”
How to book:
email@example.com | 0844 800 4425 | www.diversitytrust.org.uk | @DiversityTrust