This 2 – 3hour course engaging session is aimed at all staff working in different roles.
The overall aim of the course is to help individuals in different roles begin to get an understanding the importance and value of diversity and inclusion and explore key concepts that might be a barrier to having truly diverse and inclusive practices and relationships. We will develop an understanding of the impact of unconscious bias and a wider awareness of our own biases in daily activity/behaviour.
Through an innovative and engaging on-line workshop we aim to start to identify solutions and processes that will combat bias and enable staff to be agents of change.
Topics covered include:
- Rights and responsibilities
- Importance and benefits of diversity and inclusion in practice
- Language and stereotypes
- Understanding bias and unconscious bias
- The theory and origins of unconscious bias
- The relationship between bias, stereotypes, prejudice and discrimination
- How to begin to challenge unconscious bias
Sessions will include both pre and post activity work.
How to Book:
Drop us an email email@example.com